[Air-L] too much communication!

Nancy Baym nbaym at ku.edu
Wed Aug 11 15:29:23 PDT 2010

Hi all --

At times I've seen people on this list mention the sense many people
seem to have that they are bombarded by too many messages throughout
the day, specifically in the form of friends continuously sending
them text messages and using social media to reach them (and
presumably expecting prompt responses).

Can anyone point me to research papers that addresses this phenomenon
of feeling anxious or stressed about how much friends communicate
with them through technologies?

Thanks,
Nancy

--
Nancy Baym 	http://www.ku.edu/home/nbaym
Associate Professor, Communication Studies, University of Kansas

New book!
Personal Connections in the Digital Age
http://www.polity.co.uk/book.asp?ref=9780745643311