[Air-L] Sharing of Data Leads to Progress on Alzheimer’s > " The Paradigms They Are A-Changin' > The Future of Research and Scholarship - OPEN, Social, Semantic, Mobile"

gerrymck gerry.mckiernan at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 18:28:46 PDT 2010

Colleagues/

On Augst 12 2010, The NYTimes piblished an article titled "Sharing of Data
Leads to Progress on Alzheimer’s" >>>

In 2003, a group of scientists and executives from the National Institutes
of Health, the Food and Drug Administration, the drug and medical-imaging
industries, universities and nonprofit groups joined in a project that
experts say had no precedent: a collaborative effort to find the biological
markers that show the progression of Alzheimer’s disease in the human brain.

[more]

[snip]

As Expected > ForeSeen > Observed > Predicted  >>>

BTW: Not Only Did The Irish Save Civilization

[snip]

We Also ForeSaw / Foresee The Future [:-)]

>>> The Paradigms They Are A-Changin' > The Future Of Research And
Scholarship: Open / Semantic / Social / Mobile <<<

There are four major themes that are and will become the context and
framework of research and scholarship in the 21st Century: Open / Semantic /
Social / Mobile

> OPEN > Open Access / Open Data / Open Peer Review / Open Research

>> Semantic > Audio / Interactivity / Supplemental Content / Video

>>> Social  > Science Blogging / Social Bookmarking / Social Networking /
Social Software

In scheduled presentation(s), we will briefly profile select developments
related to these major themes and speculate on their potential evolution and
impact on research and scholarship in the coming decade(s).

[
http://scholarship20.blogspot.com/2009/05/paradigms-they-are-changin-open.html]

BTW: For A summary of my presentation at the National Univerity of Ireland,
Galway SEE John Brelsin's blog entry at

[snip]

Thanks, John !!!

BTW: John is the co-author of The Social Semantic Web. Springer, 2010

[snip]

JOY !

/Gerry

Gerry McKiernan
Associate Professor
Science and Technology Librarian
Iowa State University Library
Ames IA 50011

Follow Me On Twitter > http://twitter.com/GMcKBlogs

"There Is Nothing More Powerful Than An Idea Whose Time Has Come!" / Victor
Hugo

[ http://bit.ly/b2i4Yl ]