[Air-L] Question about reimbursing participants doing electronic surveys?

Rhiannon Bury rcbury at rogers.com
Tue Aug 17 21:43:07 PDT 2010

It depends what software you use. We have used LimeSurvey (open source) and we
were able to build in mandatory questions. If they are not answered,
participants cannot move onto the next screen but they can exit the survey at
any time if they don't wish to continue. If they choose the latter, they will
not be directed to the screen that offers the opportunity to enter the draw or
to do the follow up interview.

My view (and that accepted by my REB)  is that it is an anonymous survey that is
not asking deeply personal questions. Incomplete surveys are not useful to me.
The few demographic questions are, however, optional, as they enrich the data
but are not essential.

Rhiannon