[Air-L] Recruiting research participants in the Chicago area, $70 compensation

Ericka Menchen-Trevino emt at u.northwestern.edu
Tue Aug 3 09:15:53 PDT 2010

Hello,
I'm recruiting participants for my dissertation research. I'll be
doing in-person interviews, so participants need to live in the
Chicago area. The research is about information selection and the role
of online media, more information about the study is available at:
http://www.ericka.cc/btc/

I'd like to get a broad sample of non-academics or PhD students. I
realize most people on this list fit in these categories so I'm hoping
you may be able to forward this message to friends, relatives, former
undergraduate or MA students you may know in the Chicago area.
Additional criteria for the study are U.S. citizenship and at least 30
years of age. The study has IRB approval and funding from Northwestern
University.

Info for potential participants below:

Are you a U.S. citizen living in Chicago or surrounding suburbs age 30 or over?
You may qualify to participate in a study offering $70 for completing
a research involving brief online surveys, web data collection and one
in-person interview. Among those who complete the recruitment survey,
46 will be selected to participate.

You can help researchers at Northwestern University understand more
about how people select information in today’s digital information
environment.

To find out more and complete a recruitment survey to determine if you
are eligible to participate please visit:
http://bit.ly/devdYc

For more information about the study see: http://www.ericka.cc/btc/

Thanks,
Ericka Menchen-Trevino
Ph.D. Candidate - Media, Technology & Society program
School of Communication, Northwestern University
312-725-3681
http://www.ericka.cc/