[Air-L] Congratulations to Liz Ellcessor

Elizabeth Buchanan eliz1679 at uwm.edu
Fri Aug 6 13:44:34 PDT 2010

On behalf of the Center for Information Policy Research, I am pleased to announce this year's CIPR--AoIR Grant has been awarded to Lis Ellcessor, a Ph.D. Candidate in Communication Arts Department (Media & Cultural Studies) at the University of Wisconsin, Madison.

Liz will present her paper, “Partici-bility: Theorizing the Rhetoric and Realities of Participatory Culture and Disability," in Gothenburg.

CIPR received a number of highly qualified applications for this grant, and while we could only make one  award, we wish to acknowledge those those applicants and wish them well in their scholarship.

This is the second year of CIPR's grant awards, which promote scholarship in internet studies, information ethics, and policy.

Congratulations, Liz!

Elizabeth Buchanan, Ph.D.
Director
Center for Information Policy Research