[Air-L] Plagiarism Lines Blur for Students in Digital Age

Joseph Reagle joseph.2008 at reagle.org
Mon Aug 2 15:20:46 PDT 2010

On Monday, August 02, 2010, Matthew Bernius wrote:
> Of that entire article, I thought the most provocative and interesting
> statement (which opens up completely different questions than the majority
> of anecdotal evidence brought to bear) was this one:

When I read it, I thought to myself either the students are disingenuous, or their education is not serving them well. One of the things one should learn in college is what is appropriate and why. I include the following in all my syllabi [1], but think the issue should also be part of the first year of every student: not necessarily as a task or rule, but understanding how knowledge work is "done."

[1]:http://reagle.org/joseph/2007/teaching/bp-bibliography.html