[Air-L] Plagiarism Lines Blur for Students in the Digital Age

Jana Herwig jana.herwig at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 06:55:29 PDT 2010

Tom,
three years later, I would like to think that an ideal strategy would
combine both:
- microlearning to devise adhoc strategies for retrieving information,
ideal also for knowledge  that is not (sorry for being vague) too
context-dependent; I agree that bots can play a crucial supporting
role in gathering this type of knowledge; I also agree that the notion
of microlearning is basically a new way of framing an old idea, e.g.
located somewhere at the base of Bloom's taxonomy of learning levels -
yet I am sceptical whether new epistemologies will or can abolish
fact-based (or, if you wish, data-based) learning
- a backdrop of dense, longitudinal learning or 'slow knowledge'
(which, of course, is only beginning to appear slow because of the
acceleration in other areas)
Would a combination and recognition of the mutual dependence of both
levels suffice to constitute a new epistemology for education? Could
you elaborate on what the application of process philosophy could look
like there? Bold imagination welcome:)
Jana Herwig