[Air-L] Survey > RSS Feeds For Collection Development / Instruction Services / Reference Services

Gerry McKiernan gerrymckiernan at live.com
Sun Aug 8 18:21:45 PDT 2010

Colleagues/

I am greatly interested in learning more about the practice of subscribing to Alerts / RSS / WebFeeds from any/all A&I databases in order to track the publications of departmental researchers at your institution to inform one's identification and selection of other / non-institutional relevant publications and/or instruction responsibilities and/or reference services.

That Is >

Knowledge of themes / topics / foci of current / recent institutional research can / might / would provide greater insight and thus permit one to select current / recent items that can / might / would be of greater potential value for supporting the current / future research agenda of one's department(s) / institution and/or guiding information and /or reference services >>> Whew !!! [:-)

I have created a very/very brief Survey Monkey survey at

[ http://bit.ly/aZFG4x ]

And Kindly Ask That You Take The Three (3) (Or Less) Minutes To Complete

Thanks A Million !

BTW: For Links To RSS Related Information > Please Visit

[ http://bit.ly/bIb6rP ]

Regards

/Gerry

Gerry McKiernan
Associate Professor
Science and Technology Librarian
Iowa State University Library
Ames IA 50011

Follow Me On Twitter > http://twitter.com/GMcKBlogs

"There Is Nothing More Powerful Than An Idea Whose Time Has Come!" / Victor Hugo

[ http://bit.ly/b2i4Yl ]