[Air-L] Query on Research about "Too Much Communication"

Dan Ryan danryan at mills.edu
Fri Aug 13 16:56:46 PDT 2010

A related topic is "information overload."  In my work on components of new information behaviors that are recapitulations of existing forms I came across:

The Fatal News: Reading and Information Overload in Early Eighteenth-Century Literature by Katherine E. Ellison

and here's a bibliographic essay on information overload:. Martin J. Eppler and Jeanne Mengis "The Concept of Information Overload: A Review of Literature from Organization Science, Accounting, Marketing, MIS, and Related Disciplines." The Information Society, 20: 325–344, 2004.

Dan Ryan
I work at Mills College o 5000 MacArthur Blvd o Oakland, CA 94613 o 510-430-3242
I write at http://djjr.net/papers/index.html
I blog at  http://soc-of-info.blogspot.com/
I innovate at http://www.innovationexchange.com