[Air-L] Question about reimbursing participants doing electronic surveys?

Kevin Guidry krguidry at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 09:13:19 PDT 2010

Christian,

I don't know the size of your sample but that sounds like a lot of
work on your part to have to personally call every respondent.  It
also sounds a bit annoying and slightly invasive for the participants.
 I don't think those are show-stoppers, just things that make me raise
my eyebrows, particularly because it requires you to collect
respondents' phone numbers.  If I were conducting this survey and that
were the only reason I was collecting phone numbers, my IRB would
probably push back.

It's also worth noting that past research indicates that post-survey
incentives are typically not effective in increasing response rates.
It might be worth exploring other options.

Kevin