[Air-L] Question about reimbursing participants doing electronic surveys?

Fred Stutzman fred at fredstutzman.com
Wed Aug 18 06:43:04 PDT 2010

How much fraud do you suspect will occur?  It seems perfectly acceptable that we tolerate some level of fraud, e.g. 5%.   I haven't looked, but there might be some literature on the topic (check POQ, Bob Groves' work for starters).

I still believe the follow-up phone call is onerous.  Check the literature on RDD completions if you want a glimpse at how difficult it is to get someone on the phone.  Are you prepared to call each respondent 15-20 times, which is common practice on telephone surveys?