[Air-L] Best practices for e-learning

Sarah Stewart sarahstewart07 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 10:55:21 PDT 2010

Hi Holly

There are many resources around that will help you construct an online
course, but I do not feel you can go wrong with Terry Anderson's book (which
is free to download) called "Theory and Practice of Online Learning"
http://cde.athabascau.ca/online_book/

This is a neat little flowchart that can help you plan your course "Planning
for Online Delivery":
http://wikieducator.org/images/4/41/WBI_BSBSUS201A_Teacher_Plan.pdf

I have also found this free "Handbook for Online Teaching" to be really
useful also:
http://www.geteducated.com/online-education-jobs/teaching-online-courses/310-free-handbook-for-online-instructors

Hope this helps, Sarah