[Air-L] Teaching about multiplatform communication

CarrieLynn D. Reinhard carrie at ruc.dk
Fri Dec 3 07:49:21 PST 2010

I'm thinking about creating a course on multiplatform communicating, or the
rhetoric of the interface. The goal would be to help students understand how the
way you engage with the media technology impacts your understanding of the
information being communicated, and what it says about who the intended users
are. The idea would be for them to develop multiplatform communication projects,
so understanding the role of the interface in content creation and
dissemination. So it could draw in literature from various fields: psychology of
perception, film studies, HCI, social informatics, etc. If anyone has any ideas
for good literature, then I would be glad to hear it.
 CarrieLynn D. Reinhard, PhD
Virtual Worlds Research Group
http://worlds.ruc.dk/
Roskilde University
Department of Communication, Business, and Information Technologies
Building 43.3
Kommunikationsvej 1
DK-4000 Roskilde
mbl: + 2280 5128

"If we understand that everyone is connected to everyone else in some way or
another, it makes it hard to hurt any single one person, for who knows if we
might unwittingly hurt someone we love." - CDR 9/20/02