[Air-L] Announcing the AoIR Book Award

Mia Consalvo consalvo at ohio.edu
Mon Dec 20 08:00:06 PST 2010

Hello all,

I'm happy to announce that AoIR has instituted a new award to recognize
excellence in internet-related scholarship. In creating this award, we want
to extend AoIR's reach, recognizing and promoting excellent research that
goes beyond conference presentations. We are truly excited about this new
award, and invite all those eligible to apply. We will accept nominations
(self and other) for Best Internet Research-Related Book, for the past year
(i.e. 2010). Any single authored book published in that time frame related
to Internet research is eligible for the award. The committee to select this
award is notable for its own contributions to the field and includes Steve
Jones, Sonia Livingstone, and Peng Hwa Ang. Submissions for consideration
must be sent to Steve Jones by February 1, 2011. Three copies of the book
should be submitted to him at the following address: Prof. Steve Jones;
Department of Communication (m/c 132); University of Illinois at Chicago;
1007 W. Harrison St.; Chicago, IL 60607; USA.

The winner of the award will be announced in the spring of 2011. In addition
to winning a cash prize, the individual will also be invited to participate
as a featured speaker at the next AoIR conference, on a topic of their
choosing. Please contact Steve at sjones at uic.edu or Mia at
consalvo at mit.eduif you have any questions about this process.

all the best,
Mia