[Air-L] one person's jargon

Matthew Allen M.Allen at exchange.curtin.edu.au
Wed Dec 1 16:30:53 PST 2010

Interleave as in interposing 1 leaf after another... think shuffling a deck of cards. You are interleaving (as in inter-leaf-ing) one card from one 1/2 of the pack with another card from the other 1/2. "Collating" might be a term which works better in this auto-copier age?

interweave is more like warp and weft - weaving from different directions.

Professor Matthew Allen
Head of Department, Internet Studies
School of Media, Culture and Creative Arts
Curtin University of Technology, CRICOS 00301J Australia
m.allen at curtin.edu.au
http://netcrit.net <http://netcrit.net/>  @netcrit
+61 8 92663511 (v) +61 8 9266 3166 (f)
Australian Learning and Teaching Council Fellow
Life Member, Association of Internet Researchers