[Air-L] The state of Internet Law

Peter Timusk ptimusk at sympatico.ca
Thu Dec 16 02:26:05 PST 2010

The university I just exited has a law and tech law program. They are guided
by a popular lawyer named Micheal Geist http://www.michaelgeist.ca/. May be
he is full of himself but I am not backing that statement up.

Here is a list of his courses
http://www.michaelgeist.ca/content/blogsection/5/170/

He is at the University of Ottawa. I attend there law students and
technology seminars and they are great.

I managed two undergrad law and sociology course at the sister school in
town http://www.carleton.ca/law

Geist has recently had a popular newspaper column about law and tech and
favours discussions of copyright which personally I think it wrong headed
Internet law. He previously and may still does provide a legal newsletter
service on Internet law cases.

Mind you he is also a nice guy and helped me out a bit via e- mail when I
was an undergrad so I think he also supports learning and does not come
across as some professor snob.

What else to discuss? The price of law schools are unregulated and the
tuition is much too high. The University of Ottawa recently fired an
activist physics professor.

No all is not good at school these days.

Peter Timusk
at571 at ncf.ca
ptimusk at sympatico.ca
web: www.crystalcomputing.net