[Air-L] programs in social media

Michael Zimmer zimmerm at uwm.edu
Wed Dec 22 06:25:23 PST 2010

There are a broad array of degree programs that focus on new media/social media/internet studies, emerging from within information schools, as Thomas notes, as well as in communication, sociology, and related fields.

A annotated list of programs is in the appendix of the "International Handbook of Internet Research", available in the "Back Matter" download here: http://www.springerlink.com/content/978-1-4020-9788-1/contents/

--
Michael Zimmer, PhD
Assistant Professor, School of Information Studies
e: zimmerm at uwm.edu
w: www.michaelzimmer.org