[Air-L] Fwd: social media for elderly people

Gil De Zuniga, Homero hgz at austin.utexas.edu
Thu Dec 2 15:05:59 PST 2010

Hola Kelly and all ~
You may want to check this paper I published with couple of my students (Teresa Correa and Amber Willard-Hensley, now professor at SLU). The paper is available for educational purposes here: www.homerogdz.com (under publications).
We were more interested in learning about how personality traits predicted social network sites use. However, there a couple of good tables that provide info good info about its use based broken down by gender and age (young people vs adults). Hope it helps...
Saludos,
HGZ

Correa, T., Willard, A., & Gil de Zúñiga, H. (2010). Who interacts on the Web? The intersection of users' personality and social media use. Computers in Human Behavior 26, 247-253.

Homero Gil de Zúñiga
Assistant Professor
School of Journalism
College of Communication