[Air-L] Wikileaks

Alex Kuskis alex.kuskis at sympatico.ca
Sat Dec 4 12:10:53 PST 2010

As with many aspects of our culture, especially media-related ones, Marshall
McLuhan had some notable things to say that are relevant to the Wikileaks
controversy:

"Position papers are secret or confidential documents for the attention of
committees, and any office boy can publish these, no matter how top secret
they may be. The Pentagon Papers were position papers which may or may not
have been studied or discussed by a Congressional committee. They are "the
news behind the news", which used to be considered muckraking but has now
become an ordinary dimension of journalism, such as nourishes the
underground press and which, in turn, affects the forms and publics of the
regular press."

See more on my McLuhan Galaxy blog: http://mcluhangalaxy.wordpress.com/
......Alex

Alex Kuskis, PhD