[Air-L] Help Gephi to export your data to Pajek, UCINET and Netdraw

Sébastien Heymann sebastien.heymann at gephi.org
Mon Dec 20 00:56:26 PST 2010

Dear all,

The Gephi project, an open source graph exploration tool, wants to let the
users export their data in various formats like Pajek (NET), UCINET (DL) and
Netdraw (VNA).

We believe that interoperability between graph viz softwares is necessary as
each one is better depending on the situation. Researchers shouldn't be
locked by their data format, however as no unique graph file format is
adopted, we choose to support as much formats as possible. That's why Gephi
currently imports data in GML, GDF, GraphML, Pajet NET, Graphviz DOT and
more...but currently lacks of exporters.

The Gephi team is too small to quickly work on these features, so here is
when you enter in action:

We are experimenting a new way to attract developers and invite them to
develop the features you want. As briefly explained in our blog (
http://gephi.org/2010/fund-a-new-gephi-feature/ ), we use Fundry, a
crowdfunding platform ready for open innovation, to pledge for specific
improvements like file exporters:

https://fundry.com/project/20-gephi

If you have some time but no money, code an exporter and you'll get paid
depending on how much other people are ready to give.
If you have some money but no time, pledge for an exporter you need to
increase the chance to see it implemented.

Kind regards,

Sebastien Heymann
http://gephi.org