[Air-L] Television 2.0 Online Survey

Rhiannon Bury rcbury at rogers.com
Thu Dec 16 11:19:54 PST 2010

Dear Air-listers

This fall I launched an online survey to learn  more about the ways in which
people view television programming and the ways  in which fans engage with their
favourite shows in the Web 2.0 era.  With downloading, streaming and
timeshifting technologies, watching  television is no longer tied to the
broadcast schedule and may not even involve a television set. Moreover,
YouTube, Facebook and Twitter create multiple entry points into fandom  and
create new spaces of engagement with other fans.

If you  haven't done so already, I invite you to take my survey. Depending on
your level of engagement with media fandom, the survey takes between 10  and 30
minutes to complete. There are prizes to win as well! TheTelevision 2.0 project
has been reviewed by the Research Ethics Board at  Athabasca University.

Follow  the link below to take the survey and/or to get more information,
including a preview of the questions.

http://tinyurl.com/tv2-0-survey

Please spread the word far and wide! I have over 260 complete responses and am
aiming for 400-500.

Rhiannon

Rhiannon Bury, PhD
Assistant Professor, Women's and Gender Studies
Athabasca University, Canada's Open University
rbury at athabascau.ca
www.rhiannonbury.com
Follow me on twitter: @television2pt0