[Air-L] Blogs & Twitter Research in the Nigerian Context

walegzy at email.com walegzy at email.com
Sun Dec 19 14:07:48 PST 2010

Dear Ifukor,

I have been working on this area as far back as 2002 with Innovation in
Advertising: An Appraisal of Nigeria's Internet Marketing (Unpublished
B.A. Thesis, Communication & Language Arts Department, University of
Ibadan, Nigeria). I also did Semiotic Anlysis of Computer-Mediated
Communication in Selected Instant Messages of Nigerian Students for my
M.A. thesis at the same Department. Published version of this can be
viewed at
ckbg.altervista.org/WordPress/wp-content/uploads/2008/.../shoki-paola.pdf

I also have a chapter publication in Studies in Slang and Slogan
published by Lincom-Europa 2010, where I focus on the the linguistic
slang of Nigerian Internet Fraudsters.

So far, I have been engaging in Internet Studies/New media for close to
a decade, and on it I am doing my Ph.D, using the theoretical
frameworks in Discourse Analysis (Pragmatics) and Cultural Studies.

Let me know where I can be of help.

'Wale Oni
Communication Studies Unit; Department of Languages & Linguistics
College of Humanities & Culture
Osun State University, (Ikire Campus) Nigeria
+234 8056673899
alt.email: olawaleoni at ymail.com