[Air-L] Blogs & Twitter Research in the Nigerian Context

Kamela Heyward ksh at anthro.umass.edu
Mon Dec 20 08:37:49 PST 2010

Though I am not presently researching Nigerian Internet communication,
I have a growing interest in this topic.  For the past year I have
been writing my dissertation chapters in Ife, Nigeria.  While here I
have been intrigued by Nigerians use of social media and would like to
learn more.

I am presently finishing up my three year (2007-2009) online
ethnographic analysis which looks at everyday dialogues on African
American websites political message boards as an expression of
political empowerment and contemporary African American community
online.

If I can be of any assistance, let me know.

Kamela Heyward-Rotimi
Ph.D. Candidate, Cultural Anthropology
Department of Anthropology
University of Massachusetts at Amherst