[Air-L] Wikileaks

Dan Perkel dperkel at ischool.berkeley.edu
Sat Dec 4 17:17:00 PST 2010

Berkeley grad student Aaron Bady has written this really excellent analysis
that does a nice job actually looking at Assange's public writings
(something that the news media seems to ignore completely in their coverage)
to conclude that a main point of wikileaks is not necessarily to promote
"transparency" but to bring the workings of what he calls invisible
governments to a grinding halt:

"To destroy this invisible government"

http://zunguzungu.wordpress.com/2010/11/29/julian-assange-and-the-computer-conspiracy-%E2%80%9Cto-destroy-this-invisible-government%E2%80%9D/

Dan

Dan Perkel
PhD Candidate
School of Information, Berkeley Center for New Media
UC Berkeley
http://people.ischool.berkeley.edu/~dperkel<http://people.ischool.berkeley.edu/%7Edperkel>