[Air-L] twitter research

Nikki Usher nusher at usc.edu
Thu Feb 4 12:57:42 PST 2010

I do have consent for these tweets - I'm doing an ethnography of a news
organization and these people are aware that part of my project focuses on
social media and this is ok via IRB as well because it is additional data
gathered through observation (as email would also fall under). People are
aware and have consented to participation in the project. In addition, they
are public figures - journalists who use their tweets as public vehicles to
promote their articles and other content to stimulate dialogue and discourse
on the web with readers of the paper and other journalists. As such, they
are well known and are intentionally trying to build audiences and be
followed.

--
Nikki Usher
PhD Candidate