[Air-L] CFP: Digitization of Books Panel at the National Communication Association (NCA) Conference

Matthew Bernius mbernius at gmail.com
Sat Feb 6 15:17:45 PST 2010

Thought this might be of interest to someone on this list...

> From: Evelyn Bottando <evelyn-bottando at uiowa.edu>
> To: "air-l at listserv.aoir.org" <air-l at listserv.aoir.org>
> Subject: [Air-L] National Communication Association (NCA) - looking
>        for     panelists

> Hello everyone,
>
> I'm looking for people who might be interested in participating in a panel
> about the digitization of books, the changing politics of publishing,
> changes to the act of reading, etc. for a panel on this subject for the
> National Communication Association (NCA) Conference to be held in San
> Francisco from Sunday, Nov 14 - Wednesday Nov 17, 2010.
>
> If this interests you please email me about your particular project. Panel
> participants only need to submit an abstract, not a full paper.
>
> Here's more info on NCA and the conference:
> http://www.natcom.org/index.asp?bid=14381
>
> The Submission Deadline: Wednesday, February 17, 2010 at 11:59 p.m. EST
> (Obviously this is last minute...Just thought I would give it a try!)
>
> Professionals in the field and all kinds of scholars are encouraged to
> inquire. A goal of this year's conference is to build bridges, with a
> specific desire to link "our scholarship with professions beyond our
> disciplinary borders."
>
> Thanks for your time. Hope to hear from you!
>
> Best regards,
>
> Evelyn Bottando
> PhD Student, Department of Communication Studies
> University of Iowa

Matthew Bernius
PhD Student | Cultural Anthropology | Cornell University |
http://www.arts.cornell.edu/anthro/
Researcher At Large | Open Publishing Lab @ the Rochester Institute of
Technology | http://opl.cias.rit.edu | @ritopl
mBernius at gMail.com | http://www.waking-dream.com | @mattBernius