[Air-L] Most of use Methods; few study Methodology

Barry Wellman wellman at chass.utoronto.ca
Mon Feb 8 15:11:08 PST 2010

I'm with Marj Kibby, but I've almost given up fighting against the misuse
of "Methodology" for "Method"

Most of use 1 or more Methods

Only a few of us study the development or evaluation of better Methods:
Methodology.

Methodology is pretentious. But so many people have used it to mean
Method(s), that it's become widely and unconsciously imitated.

Let us henceforth use our Methods with cheer, pride and self-awareness.

And my hat's off to those intrepid few Methodologists who study, evaluate
and develop new Methods.

 Barry Wellman