[Air-L] methodologists

Peter Timusk ptimusk at sympatico.ca
Mon Feb 8 16:21:00 PST 2010

At my work place, Statistics Canada, we have people called
methodologists who are the Gods. They have degrees in statistics
typically PhDs in statistics. I have a bachelors in statistics so I am
an applied statistician or statistical projects manager. I believe
methodology is the study of methods. At my work that means things like
correctly designing a SAS program that can compute a Coefficient of
Variance for a given estimate based on survey data. Of course the
design of sample and survey are all up to methodologists.

We also employ a variety of sociologists, economists, geographers
really all kinds of social scientists who use statistics to produce
research papers and typically manage a single survey which they then
write about. Many researchers use multiple surveys.

We are hiring right now at http://www.statcan.gc.ca/employment-emploi/es/es2006-eng.htm
  or French at  http://www.statcan.gc.ca/employment-emploi/es/es2006-fra.htm

Apply online (available on January 19, 2010 until February 15, 2010).

I am in the division here that does science and technology statistics
and can help you access Canadian Internet Statistics. Yes, I also like
marketing but I am not really tasked with this it looks good for me at
work but it is really volunteer to this list/community. I just like to
get it done.

Peter Timusk,
B.Math statistics (2002), B.A. legal studies (2006) Carleton University
Systems Science Graduate student, University of Ottawa.
just trying to stay linear.
Read by hundreds of lurkers every week.
kiitos paljon,  merci,  thank you and muchas gracias for reading.

alternate signature

Peter Timusk statistical computer programmer
ptimusk at sympatico.ca
address 701-151 Parkdale Avenue
Ottawa, Ontario Canada K1Y 4V8
Phone 613-729-8328

May all your numbers be quality numbers... even if they are only
average numbers.