[Air-L] In-class exercises to illustrate social networks (Not just virtual ones). . .

Derek Hansen shakmatt at gmail.com
Sun Feb 14 17:50:21 PST 2010

Rich,

I'm editing a book with Ben Shneiderman and Marc Smith on using NodeXL
to study social media networks. While the emphasis is on social media
networks (we have chapters on Facebook, Twitter, Wikis, Email
networks, etc.), the tutorial section includes a few datasets that are
not social media such as the US 2007 Senate co-voting network and the
network of co-appearances of characters in Victor Hugo's book Les
Miserables. Let me know if any of those are useful and I can send them
your way.

Derek Hansen
Maryland's iSchool