[Air-L] media environment / Internet as ecosystem

Janet Sternberg janet.sternberg at nyu.edu
Wed Feb 17 09:35:35 PST 2010

Greetings,

In my 2001 PhD dissertation, "Misbehavior in Cyber Places: The
Regulation of Online Conduct in Virtual Communities on the Internet," I
reviewed literature on media ecology and media environments, and used a
broad definition of the Internet as a complex set of overlapping media
environments.

The dissertation is available from ProQuest/UMI in both printed and
electronic form (PDF file) at
http://wwwlib.umi.com/dissertations/fullcit/3022160

Regards to all,
Janet