[Air-L] media environment / Internet as ecosystem

Tero Karppi tero.karppi at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 04:16:46 PST 2010

Hi Emiliano,

I am currently in the beginning of my PhD dissertation which will be
focusing on media ecology of internet environment(s). I rely heavily on
Matthew Fuller's Media Ecologies -- Material Energies in Art and Technology.
(MIT Press 2005) and new materialism / post-structural theories of Gilles
Deleuze & Félix Guattari. You could also check out Jussi Parikka's Digital
Contagions - A Media Archaeology of Computer Viruses (Peter Lang 2007).
Media Ecology is one of his approaches.

Moreover it would be nice to be in contact with you and people working with
this topic in the future.

Best,
Tero