[Air-L] Berkman Center Summer Internships

Amar Ashar ashar at cyber.law.harvard.edu
Wed Feb 3 08:51:17 PST 2010

Hi All,

The Berkman Center is looking for summer researchers -- if you know of
students that might be interested, please feel free to pass this
information along. The deadline to apply is Friday, March 5.

Best,
Amar Ashar
Berkman Center for Internet & Society
Harvard University
http://cyber.law.harvard.edu
--

  *Summer Internship Program 2010
  *

For 10 weeks each summer The Berkman Center for Internet & Society at
Harvard University swings opens the doors of its big yellow house to
welcome a group of talented, curious, and energetic full-time interns
who are passionate about the promise of the Internet and issues related
to media and journalism, civic engagement, policy, identity and privacy,
education, technology, the developing world, law, and more. The interns
team up with Berkman projects <http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/research>
like Herdict, Cooperation, Digital Natives, Law Lab, Internet &
Democracy, or the OpenNet Initiative, where they have an opportunity for
deep and substantive involvement in project operation.  Performing
topic-based research; drafting and editing blog posts, papers and other
written outputs; conducting outreach, developing partnerships, and
maintaining relationships; exploring project and research design; and
undertaking academic responsibilities of all kinds both independently
and collaboratively are part of the Berkman summer intern experience.
Specific tasks and experiences vary depending on interns' skills and
project needs.

In addition to contributing to project based work, summer interns
participate in special events and lectures with Berkman faculty and
fellows, engage each other through community experiences like the weekly
interns discussion hours, and each year innovate for themselves new
opportunities for fun and learning, like organizing debates, producing
podcasts and other media outputs, and hosting book clubs and cookoffs (!).

The word "awesome" has been thrown around to describe our internships,
but don't take our word for it. Zack McCune <http://thames2thayer.com/>,
a summer intern from 2008, had this to say