[Air-L] political web sites

anna annclub1 at rambler.ru
Wed Feb 3 06:12:50 PST 2010

Dear all,

I am doing my research in the field of political studies. My first
project was the analysis of language in a BBC forum using concordance
and statistical programs. Having done that, I am now starting a new
project which is going to be bigger and which is to result in a PhD
thesis. As I still want to be in this field, I am thinking about
analyzing political web sites, i.e. it can be official sites of
presidents, political parties, etc. It would be interesting to see how
these sites are constructed, what language is used there, and how the
"ideology" of a party/politician is transmitted through these sites. I
am not sure if I have been clear about my idea, but I would love to get
your feedback and/or experience in doing similar research. Also, if you
think that this idea isn´t worth working, tell me that! I am more than
open for any kind of public opinion at this period of my research life!

Thank you very much,

Anna Ivanova
PhD Candidate, University of Seville, Spain
ivanova.re at gmail.com

--
anna          .

--