[Air-L] Harvard talk Feb 9 and free party (and a talk about rural queer youth in the U.S.) Feb 10

Mary L. Gray qcentral at indiana.edu
Thu Feb 4 16:09:29 PST 2010

Hi all,

Sorry to fram you but...

I don't know many people in the Boston area. I'm hoping members of this list might know more folks who'd be able to attend either of these events I'm doing this coming week...please circulate:

Tuesday, February 9, 12:30 pm Harvard's Berkman Center for Internet and Society presents (and I believe it's the first one they've sponsored on LGBT issues):
Mary L. Gray
"Beyond online/offline: Information access, public spaces, and the boundaries of visibility for queer youth in the rural US"
http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/events/luncheon/2010/02/gray

And (here's where the free party comes in):

Wednesday, February 10, 6:30-9pm the Microsoft New England R&D Center, One Memorial Drive, Cambridge, MA 02142 presents (also a first for them re: LGBT youth issues, I believe):

A book talk with (yes, you guessed it) Mary L. Gray
http://microsoftcambridge.com/Events/OutintheCountry/tabid/283/Default.aspx
______________________
Mary L. Gray
Assistant Professor of Communication and Culture
Affiliate Faculty of Gender Studies
Adjunct Faculty, American Studies and Anthropology
Indiana University
800 E. 3rd Street
Bloomington, IN 47405
812-855-4379
mLg at indiana.edu
www.indiana.edu/~qcentral

BLOG for "Out in the Country, Youth, Media, and Queer Visibility in Rural America" (NYU Press 2009)
@ http://www.QUEERCOUNTRY.org