[Air-L] twitter research

Alexander Halavais halavais at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 19:45:49 PST 2010

Getting back to the question of collection. The tools listed by
Alejandro below are useful, but if you collection period is fairly
long, or if the tweeters are active, you'll have issues with it
falling out of the window saved by Twitter. (From what you've
described, this doesn't sound like it's an issue, but it may be for
others.)

I've used a little application called The Archivist:

http://www.flotzam.com/archivist/

There are significant limits here, and yes, it's not that hard to code
up something that will sit on a server and poll Twitter for your
accounts. But if you are looking for something quick that seems to
work, this is useful.

(There are some issues with high volume archiving; I talk a little
about those here: http://alex.halavais.net/g20-tweets )

Best,

Alex