[Air-L] method / methodology

Radhika Gajjala cyborgwati at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 14:24:17 PST 2010

Marj - I insist on this distinction - it helps for clarity in defining the
project -

I tell students that method is like a step by step recipe
and methodolgy is more conceptual - providing a rationale for the step by
step combination of method tools - that includes  theoretical framework,
philosophical foundations/approach and conversation with related literature
(however interdisciplinary) and the process through which the site will be
examined and understood.