[Air-L] Fantasy and the Net panel (IR.11)

Frans Mäyrä frans.mayra at uta.fi
Mon Feb 15 05:23:26 PST 2010

Hi all,

here is another last minute opportunity to join forces in proposing an
interesting panel for IR.11: I am coordinating a panel titled "Fantasy
and the Net" that will look into how fantasy (as an imaginative impulse
as well as a transmedial genre of popular culture) is being reframed and
reinterpreted in online games and other forms of participation in the
Internet. The collaborative forms of fantasy fandom, organizational
practices of online fantasy game guilds, as well as the creative
potentials of online media for producing and sharing fantasy art are
only some of the possible topics this panel can address. Hopefully we
can contribute towards building some kind of overview of what "online
fantasy" actually means today.

If you are interested, please send me (frans.mayra at uta.fi) a brief
abstract (250-500 words is fine) and your short bio/cv, by the Friday
18th February internal deadline.

Looking forward to discussing fantasy in Gothenburg;

- frans -