[Air-L] attitudes about the internet

Luigi Bonetti luigi.bonetti82 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 15:09:49 PST 2010

Dear Professor Wellman,

I have selected the following references from my Masters thesis, which was
based on an Australian study on the relationship of loneliness and social
anxiety with children's and adolescents' online communication:

Bryant, J. A., Sanders-Jackson, A., & Smallwood, A. M. K. (2006). IMing,
text messaging, and adolescent social networks. Journal of Computer-Mediated
Communication, 11, 577-592.

Heim, J., Brandtzæg, P. B., Kaare, B. H., Endestad, T., & Torgersen, L.
(2007). Children's usage of media technologies and psychosocial factors. New
Media & Society, 9, 425-454.

Leung, L. (2007). Stressful life events, motives for Internet use, and
social support among digital kids. CyberPsychology & Behavior, 10, 204-214.

Livingstone, S., & Helsper, E. (2007). Gradations in digital inclusion:
Children, young people and the digital divide. New Media & Society, 9,
671-696.

Valkenburg, P. M., & Peter, J. (2007). Preadolescents' and adolescents'
online communication and their closeness to friends. Developmental
Psychology, 43, 267-277.

I hope such literature can still be of assistance, as it does not
specifically addresses the attitudes.

Kind regards,
Luigi