[Air-L] Online Dating Studies

MARIA AMPARO LASEN DIAZ alasen at cps.ucm.es
Thu Feb 25 02:52:59 PST 2010

Hi Erhardt,

About possible interesting questions for your research, are you planning to analyse the pictures people use to present themselves in their pages ot the ones they exchange in msn as a way of presentation, performance, seduction, erotic play, etc? I am  specially interested in the practice and uses of self-portraits, and in the interactions around these displays and exchanges, for instance in the learning processes of how to do it, etc. In the case of heterosexual men these practices are particularly innovative and interesting as there are not many iconographic models around, I find this a good way to explore gender performance, specifically ways of performing masculinities.

Best

Amparo