[Air-L] user generated content, motivation to post

Giorgos Cheliotis gcheliotis.lists at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 23:10:25 PST 2010

Wow, many great references, thanks to everyone who posted thus far. The
literature on the topic is extensive, but in my work I find that all too
often open source (a 'functional' good) and open content (a 'cultural' good)
are lumped together. I tried to sketch out their differences w.r.t.
motivations and consequences for organization and licensing in this article
I published last year:

>From open source to open content: Organization, licensing and decision
processes in open cultural production
Decision Support Systems, Volume 47, Issue 3, June 2009, Pages 229-244
Giorgos Cheliotis

Also relevant is the work by Bob Kraut and his team at CMU on motivations to
contribute to online communities.

Best,
Giorgos

Giorgos Cheliotis