[Air-L] Reid Cornwell

Alan Sondheim sondheim at panix.com
Mon Jan 4 14:08:10 PST 2010

Which might be the subject for discussion - I run Cybermind (and a few
other lists), and we had trolls who deliberately were trying to bring the
list down - there was the tactical strategy group, Mike Reed, Alex and
Nancy Dunlap, the 'weird' listserv, and some other names/groups I forget
at the moment. When the trolling started, as listowner I'd try to remove
the person - the resulting carnage usually resulted in at least 1/3 of the
members leaving. Jon Marshall's book Living on Cybermind is excellent on
these matters, by the way - it's an ethnographic study of the list (by a
Phd anthropologist by the way), that took years to complete (he has also
been a participant almost since the beginning around 1994).

- Alan