[Air-L] more fetishism

Jordan Lynn jordanl at uga.edu
Wed Jan 6 06:37:35 PST 2010

Barry,
Why not write all papers with general consumption in mind? I've worked
through an entire graduate career loathing the fact that my work will
be lost to the relative obscurity of academia (if less than 2% of the
population has access to or can functionally understand a work, I
consider it lost to obscurity). Why write in Latin when the masses
speak English? Are we being elitist, by developing our own language,
or are we truly using the most efficient form of communication
possible? Food for thought.
-Jordan Lynn
University of Georgia
MoWerks Learning