[Air-L] Ethics of Instructional Design--Resources?

Annette Markham amarkham at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 10:15:59 PST 2010

Dear Colleagues,

I need some help:

I'm working on a review of the ethics of instructional design and proposing
a course that would focus on ethical guidelines for online course
development.

Although I do some stuff with internet research ethics, this particular
niche is not my specialty area, so I'm wanting to make sure I'm hitting the
latest trends, debates, or codes of practice in this area.  As well, I'm
seeking some interesting case studies that students can use for thought
exercises.

And as long as I'm begging, I might as well add that I'm looking for
readings. I've found some in-depth codes of ethical practice in tertiary
areas, and lots of policies by universities, but I would appreciate any
guidance you have on readings you've found helpful for students.

Thanks for any help you can provide.  I'll happily provide a compilation to
the list of any resources I collect,

Cheers,

Annette

Annette N. Markham, Ph.D.
Senior Research Fellow, Internet Research Ethics
 Center for Information Policy Research
 University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
amarkham at gmail.com
http://www.cipr.uwm.edu/
http://markham.internetinquiry.org/

Co-Editor, International Journal of Internet Research Ethics
http://www.ijire.net