[Air-L] mobile journalism

Gendelman, Irina IGendelman at stmartin.edu
Tue Jan 5 14:05:21 PST 2010

Hello all,

I think that maybe my previous email did not go through because I did not see it in the list and got no responses. So here is another attempt, I apologize if this is redundant.

I am doing some research on digital journalism and wondering if anyone might suggest any smart phone applications (iPhone apps) or other mobile tools that are specifically used by journalists in the field or could be especially useful to them? I am interested in the mobile aspect - how can smart phones be an advantage to journalists? Texting, tweeting, sending video and images are some such tools, but are there others? Has anyone heard of any geo-mapping apps that are or can be used by journalists?

Thank you in advance,

Irina

Irina Gendelman, PhD
Assistant Professor