[Air-L] Skill acquisition through non instrumental ICT uses

Judith Yaaqoubi judithy at uw.edu
Tue Jan 26 09:54:13 PST 2010

We are at the beginning of a study to investigate how non instrumental
ICT uses (like playing video games, social networking, creating
multimedia etc.) contribute to ICT skill acquisition and how those
play-acquired skill sets transfer to other, more instrumental,
domains. We have a solid literature review of academic work and
current projects like MacArthur's Digital Media and Learning Initiative.

At this point we're curious to see whether anyone else is starting
similar work with whom it might be useful to share materials. Also,
our project is in Brazil, so if there are other people doing research
in pontos de cultura/LAN houses/telecenters who'd be interested in
talking, let us know.

Thanks,
Judith

Judith Yaaqoubi