[Air-L] Pratt-SILS Announces a Tenure-Track Faculty Position

Debbie Rabina drabina at pratt.edu
Mon Jan 4 13:32:30 PST 2010

Subject:* Pratt-SILS Announces a Tenure-Track Faculty Position -
Interviews at ALISE Boston 2010

*Pratt Institute, School of Information and Library Science invites
applications for a fulltime tenure-track position at the rank of
assistant professor*.

This position begins fall 2010. Applicants should hold a PhD in LIS or
a related field. Preference will be given to applicants who have a
developed research agenda and scholarly publications and experience in
teaching at the college/ university level and establish strong
connections between research and teaching.

Located in the heart of Manhattan, we seek a faculty member who will
thrive in New York's culturally diverse environment and will engage
with the Pratt community to pursue creative and innovative approaches
to their work and who will help enrich and develop the Pratt-SILS
degree and certificate programs.

Responding to LIS in the digital world and across a wide spectrum of
environments, including libraries, museum, archives and the IT sector,
we seek a creative and innovative faculty member with research and
teaching in one or more of the following areas as well as highly
relevant areas that you may choose to identify:

. Web/ Internet and digital media across libraries, archives and museums

. Digital design for information systems, networks, platforms - open
source and open access

. Creating digital environments and resources for literacy, education
and outreach including visualization and mapping of information

. Digital curation, management and preservation including digital
repositories with focus on cultural institutions.

. User studies and research addressing issues of information in the
digital world over local and global networks

Within the context of the School's emphasis on cultural informatics,
the position supports a range of curriculum and programs including
certificate programs in archives and museum libraries, the WISE
program (World Information, Society and Environments) - a program
placing law, business, policy and health in digital and global
contexts and our new dual degree program (MSLIS and MFA in Digital
Arts) focusing on research and the use of digital tools for
information learning and content rich Web environments.

*Interviews at ALISE Boston 2010: *

Members of our search committee will be attending the ALISE Boston
conference. to hold interviews for this position. If you would like to
apply, please send via email a cover letter, CV and a statement on
your teaching and research to:

Dr. Debbie Rabina - drabina at pratt.edu <mailto:drabina at pratt.edu>

(_Please apply by email only and indicate whether you will be
attending ALISE.)_

For applicants not attending ALISE, we will be interviewing candidates
in New York in February through the first two weeks of March.

Pratt Institute is an equal opportunity employer.

Salary is competitive and commensurate with education and experience

--
Debbie Rabina, Ph.D,
Assistant Professor
drabina at pratt.edu