[Air-L] Web 2.0 'Suicide Machine'

Tama Leaver tamaleaver at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 17:56:07 PST 2010

Hi Rick et al,

The website has already been blocked by Facebook, so its usefulness has
dropped substantially.  Quote from the site:
"After more than 50.000 friends being unfriended and more than 500 forever
"signed-out" users, Facebook started to block our suicidemachine from their
servers without any comment! We are currently looking in ways to circumvent
this ungrounded restriction imposed on our service!
Thanks for your understanding
Sincerly,
Your 2.0 suicide team"

It's a good idea, though!

Tama

On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 9:50 AM, Richard Forno <rforno at infowarrior.org>wrote:

> Interesting concept, though I wonder how long it will remain online.
> -rick
>
> MSM article:
>
> Wipe The Slate Clean For 2010, Commit Web 2.0 Suicide
> http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/12/31/web-2-0-suicide/
>
> ...and the site itself...
>
> http://suicidemachine.org/
>
> Tired of your Social Network?
>
> Liberate your newbie friends with a Web2.0 suicide! This machine lets you
> delete all your energy sucking social-networking profiles, kill your fake
> virtual friends, and completely do away with your Web2.0 alterego. The
> machine is just a metaphor for the website which moddr_ is hosting; the
> belly of the beast where the web2.0 suicide scripts are maintained. Our
> service currently runs with Facebook, Myspace, Twitter and LinkedIn! Commit
> NOW!

Dr Tama Leaver
Lecturer in Internet Studies
Faculty of Humanities, Curtin University of Technology
GPO Box U1987 Perth WA Australia 6845
Phone: (+61 8) 9266 1258
Fax: (+61 8) 9266 3166
Email: t.leaver at curtin.edu.au
Web: www.tamaleaver.net

CRICOS Provider Code: 00301J (WA) 02637B (NSW)