[Air-L] Registration for Internet Research 11.0: Sustainability, Participation, Action, Gothenburg, Sweden, October 21-23, 2010 now open

Sharon Haleva Amir sharon at trebcon.com
Sat Jul 10 07:25:33 PDT 2010

Hi everyone, in continuance to previous speakers, I have to say, I'm having
doubts regarding my attendance. For me as a graduate student it is very
important to attend international forums. On the other hand, my income is
very low (living scholarship), my university can't afford a real financial
aid (it doesn't cover even one side airfare) and of course I don't believe
my contribution to the conference is that important as to be able to receive
a waver (there are only 3 places). That leaves me with a huge question mark.
Hotel fares are very expensive as well (I consider sharing a room to lower
expenses) and I'm giving up in advance on the opportunity to attend a
workshop, as I think the banquet is much more important if I want to meet
people...
I think my situation isn't rare and may well describe the situation of many
graduates who are probably having second thoughts regarding their
attendance. BTW, I have waited this European venue conference since the
airfare to the US is much higher, so I didn't even send an abstract last
year.
Alas, as I don't presume to have any solutions, I'm merely pointing out the
current state of many of us students. Anyway, I'll probably weigh the
possibilities till the last days of the early registration date, as I'm sure
it'll be a great opportunity for me to hear and learn.

Best regards, Sharon

Best Wishes,
Sharon Haleva Amir, HCLT Fellow
(PhD Candidate) Faculty of Law,