[Air-L] Visions of the Gamepocalypse (Jesse Schell SALT talk)

Nick Lalone nick.lalone at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 17:32:16 PDT 2010

Schell's first talk caused a lot of noise around the game studies folks but
I never really saw any of them follow up on some of the things he said (go
here if you haven't seen:
http://fury.com/2010/02/jesse-shells-mindblowing-talk-on-the-future-of-games-dice-2010/
).
In particular, I was curious what people felt about the ideas that
eventually formed this talk. I hope to see some more work on these ideas as
they seem to be pretty interesting concerns about how the world will
develop.

One thing from the first post that struck me is:

" We may well be passing our avatars on to our children and grandchildren."

Does anyone know of any work that approaches this idea?

Thanks,
Nick