[Air-L] FW: air-l subscription

Barbara Clark javafox1 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 31 13:49:09 PDT 2010

Hi Claudia,

I'm not sure how much help these would be to you, but Jannis Androutsopoulos at King's College London has done work on youth and German-language websites. Here are some references:

Androutsopoulos, J. (2007) 'Style online: Doing hip-hop on the German-speaking Web'. Style and Social Identities. Alternative Approaches to Linguistic Heterogeneity (ed. A. Peter), pp. 279-317, Berlin, NY: de Gruyter

Androutsopoulos, J. (2007) 'Language choice and code-switching in German-based diasporic web forums'. The Multilingual InternetDanet (eds Brenda, Susan & C. Herring), pp. 340-361, Oxford: OUP

Androutsopoulos, J. (2007)  'Bilingualism in the mass media and on the Internet'. Bilingualism: a social approach (ed. M. Heller), pp. 207-230, Palgrave Macmillan

Androutsopoulos, J. (2006) 'Introduction: Sociolinguistics and computer-mediated communication'. Journal of Sociolinguistics, 10/4, pp. 419-438

Androutsopoulos, J. (2006) 'Multilingualism, diaspora, and the Internet: codes and identities on German-based diaspora websites'. Journal of Sociolinguistics, 10/4, pp. 429-450

Androutsopoulos, J. (2006) 'Online Hip Hop Culture'. Contemporary Youth Culture: An International EncyclopaediaSteinberg, Volume 1 (ed. S. Steinberg), pp. 217-233, Westport: Greenwood Press

Best,
Barb

--
Barbara Clark, PhD student
School of Languages, Linguistics and Film

b.l.clark at qmul.ac.uk